The DSPOBJLVL command generates a list of *PGM, *MODULE and *SRVPGM objects that match the selection criteria specified on the TGTRLS (target release) parameter.
Use this command to determine the release on which an object was created and the target release ("earliest release it can run on") attribute.
You can use the RTVOBJLVL CL command to retrieve the target release of an individual program into a CL variable.
OBJ - The qualified object name to include on the generate list. Up to 300 object names (generic, full or *ALL) may be specified along with the corresponding object type (e.g., *PGM, *SRVPGM, *MODULE).
INCLUDE - This optional parameter allows the list to be filtered by the specified values. It is similar to the INCREL parameter of the CPYF (Copy File) command.
The first part is the operator. Valid entries are:
- *ALL meaning no filtering is performed.
- *IF meaning you are string a conditional include/filter of the entries included on the list.
- *AND meaning you are continuing the filtering with logical "and" conditioning.
- *OR meaning you are continuing the filtering with local "or" conditioning.
The second part is attribute (field) name being tested. The current list of valid attributes include:
- *TGTRLS - Target Release parameter specified when the object was created.
- *CRTDATE - Creation date of the object. Specify the date value being compared to, in *ISO format, which is YYYY-MM-DD.
- *CHGDATE - The last changed date of the object. Specify the date value being compared to, in *ISO format, which is YYYY-MM-DD.
- *OBJOWN - The object owner. An alternate spelling is *OWNER.
- *CRTUSRPRF - The user profile that created the object.
- *PGMENV - The special program environment in which the object runs. Two valid environment settings are ILE and OPM.
- *CRTSYSNAME - The system name on which the object was created.
The third part is the Boolean operator for the comparison. All the standard Boolean values may be used, including *EQ, *NE, *LT, *LE, *GT, *GT.
The fourth part is the user-specified value to which the attribute is compared. The special value *CURRENT may be used for most (but not all) attributes.
OUTPUT - The output parameter controls whether or not the generated printed output is displayed immediately after it is created. OUTPUT(*) means display the output immediately after completing the report, and OUTPUT(*PRINT) means do not display the output, only print it.
OUTQ - The qualified output queue that the report is sent to when OUTPUT(*PRINT) is specified.
The following DSPOBJLVL command prints a list of all programs in the COZTOOLS library and all Service Program objects in the QGPL library where the target release of the objects is greater than V5.4 and the object owner user profile ID is 'COZZI'.
DSPOBJLVL OBJ( (COZTOOLS/*ALL *PGM) (QGPL/*ALL *SRVPGM)) INCLUDE((*IF *TGTRLS *GT V5R4M0) (*AND *OWNER *EQ COZZI)) OUTPUT(*PRINT)
The DSPOBJLVL command is part of the COZTOOLS software package available at www.cozTools.com