Here are 8 signs that your IBM i developer is a Pretentious Poser, uh, I mean: isn't as good as they might think they are.
- They still declare ad hoc fields.
- "SELECT *" is specified; not to mention the fixed-format SQL.
- Legacy Indicators #WTF?
- Using GOTO (anytime) instead of LEAVESR.
- Still using END instead of ENDIF/ENDDO.
- Uses SQLCOD (or SQLSTT) instead of SQLSTATE.
- Using cute but meaningless Screen IDs as if they're still writing WSU.
- Use of *INKx indicators; and even worse, using S/38 or S/36 standards #Duchebag