Hi Lads and lassies,
Being a small ICT department and the summer holidays coming up soon, I'm interested in writing a little routine, probably CL, that allows an ordinary end-user to activate his own or his colleague's profile or reset his password. I could not find an older discussion on this subject on this forum so I started a new thread.
- do you have such routines?
- if so, what do they generally do?
- what precautions do you take to avoid abuse? After all, you don't want someone resetting the admin profile!
We are under SOX rules and laws so I'm not sure this goes at all but I'm happy to get some tips at least. If SOX renders us unable to use the routines for ordinary end-users, we'll stick to authorizing the ICT dept employees only.
I already got the following:
- do not allow activation of profile with higher authority
- write relevant text to journal
Thanks in advance,